Goal: Grow retail offerings and strengthen commercial nodes
- Over 400K SF of pre-approved second phases for Cochrane Commons and Madrone Village retail centers
- Pre-approved sites for auto dealers and an Auto Dealer Incentive Program
- Freeway-fronting commercial properties that range in size from 5 to 40 acres
- Strong interest in sports and recreation related retail tenants, such as indoor sports facilities, rock climbing, etc.
- Under-represented areas: Food Processing Equipment, Recreation Products, Miscellaneous Retail, Department Stores, Building Materials and Wholesale
Located in southern Silicon Valley, the Morgan Hill market is 53,211 within a 15-minute drive. The city is one of the fastest growing communities in Santa Clara County and has over 2,000 residential units under construction or in plan for development.
Morgan Hill is home to an affluent and well-established household base with more than 33% of the residents holding a bachelor’s degree or above. The average household income is $131,418 (within a 15-minute drive), which is well above the State of California average. (Lifestyle groups: 30% Affluent Households, 22% Top Wealth, 10% Solid Prestige)
The City of Morgan Hill has an inventory of 1.3 million square feet of retail space in eight shopping centers. The City is home to many major national retailers including Target, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, TJ-Max, Ross Dress-for-Less, Dick's Sporting Goods, Hobby Lobby, and DSW.