Housing Resources & Renter/Homeowner Information
October 15, 2021: Santa Clara County's Office of Supportive Housing has contracted with the Bill Wilson Center (BWC) to implement a new centralized shelter hotline, which will be known as the "Here4You Call Center" for members of the community who are unhoused. The BWC has vast experience operating Contact Cares and MANY other hotlines, and is well versed in meeting needs of households in distress. For more details, please read the County's announcement.
Morgan Hill Moratorium on Residential Rent Increases
On April 8, 2020, the City of Morgan Hill enacted a moratorium on residential rent increases that prohibits landlords from increasing rents from the rates in place on March 1, 2020.
Eviction Moratoriums for Santa Clara County and California
Santa Clara County and the State of California eviction moratoriums have expired, but the rental assistance and eviction protections are still available through the State of California's CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program. For information and to apply, go to https://housing.ca.gov or call 1-833-430-2112. The Federal Rent Moratorium expired on October 3, 2021. For information on that, please visit the Center for Disease Control's website. Flyer with same information.
Tenant and Landlord Resources
CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program0% of rent and utilities owed
QUALIFYING RENTERS AND LANDLORDS ARE NOW ELIGILBLE FOR 100% OF RENT AND UTILITIES OWED.
The State of California launched its statewide CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program and began to accept applications. We are encouraging eligible landlords and tenants to apply to the State program:
- The program provides assistance to help low-income tenants pay rent and utilities.
- The program is available to low-income tenants (< 80% AMI) who have been financially impacted due to the pandemic.
- Priority will be given to tenants who make less than 50% of the area’s median income.
- Applications can be submitted by both tenants and landlords.
- Details and the application link will be available at: Housingiskey.com or via a toll-free phone number 833-430-2112. Visit SCCRentHelp.org or call 408-808-7770 if you would like help with the application process. Assistance is available regardless of immigration status and is not a public charge.
Project Sentinel & Law Foundation of Silicon Valley
Both Project Sentinel and the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley have informational sites up that provide an FAQ/summary of the details of the County’s ordinance and provide links to forms in multiple languages that tenants and landlords can use to manage their interactions. View a flyer (PDF) with contact information.
Are you a tenant who has received a termination notice for eviction? Contact the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley:
Additional Local and State Resources for Residential Tenants
- United Way has a “Text RentSOS to 211-211” campaign to help renters/tenants understand their rights under the new law and access resources to ensure they can stay housed. Click here for more information.
- Sacred Heart Community Service has created a chatbot that can walk tenants through their rights, responsibilities, and options: Sacred Heart Chatbot.
- The County of Santa Clara has created a rental assistance page here, plus flyers available in English and Spanish.
- The State of California has a landlord/tenant “Housing is Key” website that provides resource information and FAQs.
- Newly added as of September 2021: Rental Advantage Newsletter in both English and Spanish (PDF).
- Santa Clara County's Homelessness Prevention System: preventhomelessness.org.
- Catholic Charities Rent Relief Program - Flyer in three languages (PDF).
Office of Cultural Competency - Universal Access Pilot
The Office of Cultural Competency Universal Access Program (UAP) is a collaborative model with FIRST 5, County of Santa Clara agencies, Santa Clara County Office of Education, Alum Rock Unified School District, Franklin McKinley School District, and other nonprofit partners. Universal Access partners are committed to cross-system coordination and integration in service to family navigation that is culturally-responsive and applies a whole child, whole family approach where all doors lead to support.
You can access the most current resource information via this portal.
Rebuilding Together is committed to helping the community; visit Rebuilding Together’s web page for more information.
Additional Housing Resources
|Abode Homeless Outreach Workers||Brian Malicdemfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Available when we call to outreach, but also make regular visits to check on homeless and offer services
|Morgan Hill "Focus" Safe Park||Lisa Dimas|
Safe Park is open to families 24 hours a day during COVID-19 shelter in place
|Silicon Valley Strong||Mollie Tobiasemail@example.com||siliconvalleystrong.org|
Regional site with links to resources, volunteers, and links to volunteer opportunities
|Destination Home Rental Assistance Fund||Sacred Heart||408-780-9134||sacredheartcs.org/|
Currently paused while accepting donations
|Salvation Army Rental Assistance||Family Services Dept|
General Rental, Mortgage and Deposit Assistance
|St. Vincent DePaul||Carol Lilligfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Emergency Rent and Bill Assistance, Emergency Hotel Vouchers