The Housing Services Division is responsible for and committed to preserving affordable housing in our community.
There are more than 500 homes in the Below Market Rate (BMR) program and new units are added annually. If interested in purchasing a home, please choose the "Housing Ownership" link to left or the city’s dedicated BMR website that is operated in partnership with HouseKeys.
If interested in affordable apartment or home rental, please see our Housing Resources Guide(s) and BMR rental list below. Both lists are updated annually or as new projects/homes are added or removed from the program.
- Housing Resources Guide (PDF)
- Housing Resource Guide - Spanish (PDF)
- BMR Rental Housing List (PDF)
- UPDATED! Morgan Ranch BMR Apartment Rentals (PDF)
- UPDATED! Morgan Ranch BMR Apartment Rentals - Spanish (PDF)
- Santa Clara County Rental Assistance (PDF)
- Project Sentinel and Law Foundation of Silicon Valley Support (PDF)
- Santa Clara County Community Resource Guide (PDF)
- Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Dept. Resources (PDF)
- Newly added as of September 2021: Rental Advantage Newsletter in both English and Spanish (PDF)
- Santa Clara County's Homelessness Prevention System: preventhomelessness.org
For maximum income, rent limits, and utility allowance, please see below. Note: Usually updated by the State of CA every April, but occasionally at a later date.
- HCD 2021 Maximum Income and Rent Limits (PDF)
- HCD 2021 Maximum Income and Rent Limits - Spanish (PDF)
- 2020/2021 Utility Allowance for Santa Clara County (PDF)
- Santa Clara County Income Limits for 2021 (PDF)
For 2021 Income limits state wide: Income Limits
Housing Successor Agency Annual Reports
This document reports on housing successor finances and activities as required by law.
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2013-14 (PDF)
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2014-15 and 2015-2016 (PDF)
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2019-2020 (PDF)
New State Housing Law (SB 330) permits all housing and will suspend the Morgan Hill voter approved growth control system beginning January 1, 2020.
Previous Workshops and Meetings
The City hosted a Development Community Workshop on Monday, May 24th. It previewed proposed modifications to the City of Morgan Hill’s Affordable Housing Inclusionary Housing Ordinance (IHO). The City of Morgan Hill is considering modifying its affordable housing inclusionary program to deepen the overall level of affordability of for-sale inclusionary units. The City’s inclusionary requirements are codified in Chapter 14.04 of the City’s municipal code. The City has retained Keyser Marston Associates, Inc. (KMA) to evaluate:
- The additional financial cost to new for-sale residential projects to provide the proposed deeper levels of on-site affordable units; and
- Changes to current in-lieu fee levels that would approximate the cost of providing the proposed deeper levels of on-site affordable units.
Below is the Keyser Marston & Associates report and presentation that summarizes the preliminary findings of the evaluation and links to both Development Community Workshops presented on Monday, May 24th. The report below reflects the most recent 2021 income levels.
Morning Session: https://youtu.be/yBP0UMEL70E
Evening Session: https://youtu.be/d9gReXO9beU