Learn more about the function of the City Attorney.
The Council Services and Records Management - City Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- Providing municipal election services
- Maintaining and preserving historical and official records, including council proceedings
- Performing other state and municipal statutory duties for elected officials, voters, city departments, and the public
- Assisting citizens with passport services
The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is responsible for overseeing all of the departments.
Development Services Development
Development Services Development is comprised of the Building and Planning Divisions.
- The Building and Fire Prevention Division performs a variety of services including issuing permits, conducting inspections and enforcing city codes.
- The Planning Division provides services relating to property development and land use activities.
The Community Services Department consists of three divisions responsible for public service delivery. The Recreation and Community Services Division, the Parks and Street Division and the Environmental Services Division. Learn more about the responsibilities of each of these divisions.
The Finance Department maintains the financial records of the city and prepares financial and statistical data applicable to all funds of the city and Redevelopment Agency.
The Fire Department provides fire suppression and coverage for Morgan Hill.
Are you looking for a job, policy, or benefit? Visit Human Resources.
The Police Department provides police protection and crime prevention services.
Parks & Recreation
Learn more about the Parks & Recreation programs offered here.
The Department of Public Works provides utility services including water, wastewater and engineering services for Morgan Hill.