Stay Mentally and Emotionally Strong and Healthy
If you haven’t already, we encourage you to:
- Sign up to receive email updates from the City of Morgan: https://bit.ly/2wlpQbZ
- Sign up to receive alerts from Santa Clara County through ALERTSCC: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/oes/alertscc/Pages/home.aspx.
Morgan Hill residents with urgent, non emergency questions or concerns are directed to call or text 408.767.6404. This number will be monitored regularly, Monday - Friday, during the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Messages will be responded to within 24 hours, during weekdays.
We are here for you. We will get through this together.
Your Mental Health is Important
In addition to avoiding contracting or spreading COVID-19 , our mental, emotional and physical health are just as important during this time. We want to encourage everyone to reach out, following social distancing guidelines, to your friends, loved ones, neighbors, and those people in your life that may be isolated to share information and be of service. If you are in crisis, please call the County Crisis Hotline at 1(855) 278-4204.
The County of Santa Clara Behavioral Health Services website has some great resources, in several languages, to support your wellness and ability to effectively cope during this time.
Community Solutions continues to provide services during this time.
Additional resources and ideas to stay active and healthy:
- Go for a hike, walk, run, or bike ride with the people that live in your home, being aware of social distancing.
- Start a spring garden.
- Share the fun and creative things you are doing with your family on social media. Share them with us too. We’d love to know and share with the entire community.
- Schedule social time with your kids to facetime or skype with friends and family, especially the elderly.
- Explore our beautiful green hills and wildflowers. Take some pictures and share them on social media for others to enjoy.
- Learn a new fitness routine you can do at home. Find videos on YouTube.
- Cook a new recipe. Search library books, ebooks, audio books, videos and more.
- Read about wellness routines to reduce stress the whole family can do together. Stanford has some online resources to get started.
- Check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium live stream.
- Engage kids through Scholastic Learn at Home.
- Actively engage in self-care, here are some ideas.
- Get free e-library cards and enjoy free books and classes online through the library
- Bring food and necessities to our loved ones and neighbors in need by leaving them on their porch and waving from a distance
- Check out the online education resources by Smithsonian
Support Local Restaurants
You can support the local restaurants by ordering for take out service. Check out the Chamber of Commerce Business Directory to learn about the local restaurants and to get their contact information.