Monterey-City Ventures (The Gates)
Project Number: GPA2021-0005/ZA2021-0006/SD2021-0006/EA2021-0016
Mixed-Use project consisting of five commercial flex units and 49 townhome-style condominiums on a 3.82-acre site. The project site would be accessed off southbound Monterey Road and also via the intersection of Monterey Road and Cochrane Road. The site will include internal private streets, walkways, and parking to provide access to residences and the proposed commercial spaces.
The proposal includes a General Plan Amendment from Commercial to Mixed Use Flex, a Zoning Amendment from Planned Unit Development and General Commercial to Mixed Use Flex, and a Tentative Parcel Map.
The property, identified by Assessor Parcel Numbers 764-10-013 and 764-10-015, are located on the southwest quadrant of Monterey Road and Cochrane Road.
To sign up for notifications and updates on this project, select the "Notify Me" link below:
- Notify Me (HTML)
Project Plans and Specifications
- Architecture Drawings (pdf)
- Vesting Tentative Map and Civil Drawings (pdf)
- Landscaping Plans (pdf)
- Turning Templates (pdf)
Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration with Appendices
- Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration Public Review Draft (pdf)
- Appendix A - Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Modeling Results (pdf)
- Appendix B - Biological Assessment and Arborist Report (pdf)
- Appendix C - Geotechnical Investigation (pdf)
- Appendix D - Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment (pdf)
- Appendix E - Preliminary Stormwater Control Plan (pdf)
- Appendix F - Floodplain impact Memorandum (pdf)
- Appendix G - Noise Analysis and Facade Acoustical Analysis (pdf)
- Appendix H - Trip Generation and Operations Analysis/Vehicle Miles Traveled Assessment (pdf)
- Notice of Intent (pdf)
Public Review Period
The scheduled Public Review Period: November 11, 2022 through December 12, 2022
Comments must be received electronically or postmarked on or before December 12, 2022. During the comment period, written comments may be submitted in the following ways:
Planning Commission Hearing
The City of Morgan Hill prepared an Initial Study (IS) to evaluate the environmental impacts of the project identified below, as required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). As mandated by State Law, the review period for this document is 30 (thirty) days. Based upon the conclusions set forth in the IS, the City of Morgan Hill proposes to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration.
The Planning Commission will conduct a public hearing on December 13, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. or soon thereafter. Pursuant to AB361, the Planning Commission meeting will be held as a “hybrid” meeting with the option to attend by Teleconference/Video Conference or in person. All interested persons are invited to attend the public hearing and participate in the meeting using the options listed below:
DATE: Tuesday, December 13, 2022
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Council Chambers
17555 Peak Avenue
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Phone: (669) 900-9128 Webinar ID: 862 0324 6251
More information can be found on the Monterey-City Ventures (The Gates) Project Page (html)