Effective November 1, 2018, watering is restricted to one day a week, Wednesdays only before 9 AM or after 7 PM.The City of Morgan Hill has a long history of leadership in ensuring that water is used efficiently. To see the current water use rules and regulations, click here. To view the complete Water Waste Ordinance No. 2236, click here.
We have prepared a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help you better understand the Water Waste Ordinance. If you have any additional questions, send us an email or give us a call at 408-778-6480.
Water Conserving Landscapes
Are you looking to upgrade your landscape to one that uses less water? Click here for ideas and resources. If you need more ideas, the City has created several attractive and water conserving public gardens that you may visit for ideas for your own garden. Learn more here.
Santa Clara Valley Water District
Water Wise Survey Program
This two-part program will help you save water indoors and out. Sign up for one or both!
- Water Wise Outdoor Survey: Offered to single family and small multi-family sites (under 1/2 acre). A trained irrigation professional will evaluate the irrigation system, flagging issues onsite, adjusting the irrigation controller and creating a custom report detailing the survey findings.
- Do-It-Yourself Water Wise Indoor Survey: Customers may request a Do-it-Yourself kit to evaluate indoor water use that includes a flow rate bag for testing shower and sink flow rates and dye tablets to test toilets for leaks. Included in the kit will be a step-by-step guide to evaluating your own water use, including:
- Meter leak test
- Toilet leak test
- Sink/Shower flow rates
- General indoor leak information
- Booklet that includes space to record your results and a form to fill out to request free conservation items, such as a toilet flapper or low flow showerhead/sink aerator.
To schedule a survey or request a DIY Kit, please call (408) 630-2554 or visit the SCVWD website.
ResourcesConserving water is always an important aspect of environmental protection and one that can pay off immediately to you in the form of reducing your water bill.
Morgan Hill residents interested in conserving water can receive the following items at no charge:
- Water Wise Garden Information Packet - Save money by following the information in this packet and designing a water wise landscape. Plant selection, drip irrigation guidelines, and lawn watering information are included.
- Water Saving Shower Heads and Faucet Aerators - Save water while cleaning up by installing these low-flow water appliances.
- Do-It-Yourself Water Wise Indoor Survey Kit - Includes a flow rate bag for testing shower and sink flow rates, dye tablets to test toilets for leaks and other information to help you evaluate your indoor water use.
To receive any or all of these items, please send an email telling us what you want. You may also mail us a note at:
City of Morgan Hill
Environmental Services Division
17575 Peak Avenue
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Be sure to include your name and address.