What if repairs need to be made?

If the initial inspection fails, all repairs must be completed to obtain a Certificate of Compliance. On the Utility Inspection Report Form the Qualified Contractor will note what repairs need to be completed by any licensed plumbing contractor with a City of Morgan Hill business license in order to pass a future inspection. A second inspection will need to take place after the repairs are completed to pass the inspection for the property. If the seller of the property negotiates with the buyer, a Transfer of Responsibility to Repair Form may be completed.

Show All Answers

1. When does the program come into effect?
2. Why is the sewer lateral program necessary?
3. What is a private sewer lateral?
4. Who is affected by this program?
5. What are the responsibilities of private property owners?
6. Where do I start?
7. Who is a Qualified Plumbing Contractor?
8. What does the inspection consist of?
9. What is the estimated cost?
10. What if repairs need to be made?
11. Does a Qualified Plumbing Contractor have to perform the repairs/replacement?
12. What if this delays the sale of the property?
13. What is a private sanitary sewer collection system?
14. Why do I need a Certificate of Compliance?